Friday, March 11, 2011

Mid-Terms and Moving

Ahh the joys of being a married-college student! I need to keep reminding myself that these times will be cherished in our memories for years to come. We'll look back and say, "My, how did we do all of those things?" and "We were so poor, yet so happy." haha. Life is great, but it is crazy busy. Take this week, for example. Trent had three tests this week and I, one. We are packing up and moving this weekend. We are also packing for our cruise vacation this coming Wednesday. I'm not complaining about going on a fantastic vacation, but the timing of it all seems all too unreal--mid-term exams at school, moving with 10 days' notice, and packing for a week vacation. :)

The 10-days' notice part was kinda our fault; And no, we're not being evicted ! We were selling our contract beginning in the month of April and we found a couple who was in a bind. They are getting married the 14th of March and when they came to look at the apartment, they hadn't yet found a place to live that would be available when they returned from their honeymoon. We are going on our vacation the same time they are honeymooning. How fun! We gave in and decided they would be the best people to live here and the best addition to our ward ( We love our ward, so yes, we've been screening the people that have been interested in the apartment. haha )

This meant, however, that we needed to be moved out before our vacation so that they could immediately move in upon return. AHH! The reality sank in Monday of this week and it's been a very quick week filled with finding boxes, tying loose ends, and wrapping up our lives here at apartment 21. We've loved it and will very dearly miss our ward! We are moving in with Trent's parents this spring and summer to save some money. We recently learned that Trent has been accepted for a student 2011-12 school year exchange at the University of Kentucky. We'll only be going Fall semester, but this will be a great opportunity to network and learn more about the area. The U of K is one of our top five choices for Physician's Assistant school and was one of the only campuses that offered the exchange, so we thought What the heck, we'll check it out for a semester. (Well, it was more of a distinct impression, really...)


So good things come from this week! Move out to save some money, burying my feet in the white sand of the Bahamas, and enjoying a change of scenery this Fall while still moving forward in school! Now if I could just find my other sandal to pack for the cruise!?

1 comment:

  1. I am sad I didn't notice this sooner. I wish we could have come to help you move. I am excited for your cruise and wish I could come with! Let me know if I can do anything for you guys! we miss you

    ReplyDelete